Title: Section 714.2 - Adult day health care program facilities prior to March 17, 2004
714.2 Adult day health care program facilities prior to March 17, 2004.
This section applies to all adult day health care program facilities that were approved to operate by the commissioner or department prior to March 17, 2004.
(a) Each adult day health care program facility site shall provide sufficient space to accommodate a full range of program activities and services required by this Title. The space shall be designed to be flexible and adaptable in order to accommodate both individual and group activities and services. When an adult day health care program shares space and services with the residential health care facility's resident population, the operator shall ensure the availability of adequate space, equipment, staff and services to accommodate both groups of individuals and that the proper provision of services to one group does not interfere with the proper provision of services to the other.
(b) Each adult day health care program facility site shall include the following public, administrative and service areas:
(1) An entrance that shall be located at grade level, sheltered from the weather and accessible by wheelchairs.
(2) A lobby that shall include:
(i) a reception and information counter or desk;
(ii) a waiting area;
(iii) public toilet facilities;
(iv) one or more public telephones;
(v) a drinking fountain; and,
(vi) a registrants' and public outer garment closet.
(3) Interview/counseling spaces for private consultations.
(4) A multipurpose room for staff conferences, meetings and health education.
(5) General storage facilities for office supplies, equipment, educational materials and records.
(6) General or individual offices for program staff.
(7) A medical care and examination room for registrant health care. The medical care and examination room shall provide an examination table, lockable medication storage for registrants' daily medicine, a small refrigerator for registrants' daily medicine, a lavatory or sink equipped for handwashing and a counter or shelf space for writing. The arrangement shall permit at least two feet six inches of clearance on at least one side and at the ends of the examination table.
(8) Physical rehabilitation therapy areas that shall be designed to provide sufficient functional net area to accommodate a full range of approved activities. It shall be flexible and adaptable for both individual and group treatment.
(9) Social activities therapy areas that shall include sufficient functional net area to accommodate a full range of approved program activities.
(10) Storage space shall be provided for therapy supplies and equipment.
(11) Toilets for registrants' use shall be provided within or accessible to the program area with sufficient water closets and lavatories available for registrants participating during a scheduled session.
(12) Dietary/dining areas that are adequate to meet the needs of the registrants. The dining area may be combined with the social activities area.
(13) Employees' facilities that include a sufficient number of employees' lockers and toilet facilities to accommodate the needs of all personnel and volunteers shall be provided.
(14) Soiled holding room or an enclosed space shall be provided for the holding and disposal of soiled linens.
(15) One or more janitor's closets.
(c) Adult day health care facilities that were approved to operate by the commissioner or department between February 28, 1989 and March 17, 2004 shall comply with the following additional requirements:
(1) Heating, ventilation, electrical and plumbing services shall be provided for the comfort of the registrants.
(2) Facilities with registrant services located on other than the first floor shall have electric or electrohydraulic elevators.
(3) Physical rehabilitation therapy areas shall be designed to provide sufficient functional net area of at least fifty square feet for each registrant participating in rehabilitation during a scheduled period.
(4) Social activities therapy areas shall include a functional net area of at least 30 square feet for each registrant participating during a scheduled period.
(5) Each facility's dining area shall include a functional net area of at least 30 square feet for each registrant participating in a scheduled period.
(d) Adult day health care facilities that are not located at a residential health care facility shall comply with Chapter 17, "Existing Day-Care Occupancies" of NFPA 101, Life Safety Code, 2000 edition, as described in more detail in section 711.2(a) of this Title.
VOLUME D (Title 10)