Title: Section 714.3 - Adult day health care program facilities between March 17, 2004 and December 31, 2010
714.3 Adult day health care program facilities between March 17, 2004 and December 31, 2010.
This section applies to adult day health care facilities approved to operate by the commissioner or department between March 17, 2004 and December 31, 2010.
(a) Each adult day health care program facility site shall provide sufficient space to accommodate the full range of program activities and services required by this Title. The space shall be designed to be flexible and adaptable in order to accommodate both individual and group activities and services. When an adult day health care program shares space and services with the residential health care facility's resident population, the licensed operator shall ensure the availability of adequate space, equipment, staff and services to accommodate both groups of individuals and ensure that the proper provision of services to one group does not interfere with the proper provision of services to the other.
(b) Each adult day health care program facility site shall include the following public, administrative and service areas:
(1) An entrance that shall be located at grade level, sheltered from the weather and accessible by wheelchairs.
(2) A lobby that shall include:
(i) a reception and information counter or desk;
(ii) a waiting area;
(iii) public toilet facilities;
(iv) one or more public telephones;
(v) a drinking fountain;
(vi) an outer garment closet for registrants and the public.
(3) General or Individual office(s) for professional and administrative staff.
(4) Interview/counseling space(s) for private consultations.
(5) A multipurpose room for staff conferences, meetings and health education.
(6) General storage facilities for office supplies, equipment, educational materials and records.
(7) General or individual office(s) for program staff.
(8) A medical care and examination room for registrant health services. The medical care and examination room shall provide an examination table, lockable medication storage for registrants' daily medicine, a small refrigerator for registrants' daily medicine, a lavatory or sink equipped for handwashing and a counter or shelf space for writing. The arrangement shall permit at least two feet six inches of clearance on at least one side and at the ends of the examination table.
(9) Physical rehabilitation therapy areas that shall be designed to provide sufficient functional net area of at least fifty square feet for each registrant participating during a scheduled period to accommodate a full range of approved activities. It shall be flexible and adaptable for both individual and group treatment.
(10) Social activities therapy and dietary/dining areas that include sufficient functional net area of at least thirty square feet for each registrant based upon program capacity and accommodate a full range of approved program activities and dining facilities to meet the needs of the registrants. Accommodation for quiet space(s) shall be provided within the program area relevant to the program space.
(11) Storage space shall be provided for therapy supplies and equipment.
(12) Toilets for registrants' use shall be provided within or accessible to the program area. Unisex toilets shall be provided at a ratio of at least one (1) water closet and lavatory per twelve (12) registrants, or major fraction thereof, based on program capacity. Gender dedicated toilets may be provided at a ratio of at least one (1) water closet and lavatory per twelve (12) registrants, or major fraction thereof, based on the gender distribution within the program capacity. At least one-half of the toilets shall be handicapped accessible.
(13) One bathing facility shall be provided within or accessible to the program facility. The dressing area and the shower(s), without curbs, shall be designed to permit use by a wheelchair resident with staff assistance.
(14) Employees' facilities with a sufficient number of employees' lockers and toilet facilities to accommodate the needs of all personnel and volunteers shall be provided.
(15) A soiled holding room or an enclosed space shall be provided for the holding and disposal of soiled linens.
(16) One or more janitor's closets shall be provided.
(17) Facilities with registrant services located on other than the main entrance floor shall have electric or electrohydraulic elevators.
(c) Adult day health care facilities that are not located at a residential health care facility shall comply with Chapter 17, "Existing Day Care Occupancies", of NFPA 101, Life Safety Code, 2000 edition, as described in more detail in section 711.2(a) of this Title.
VOLUME D (Title 10)